Monday, June 27, 2016
Posted by Anonymous
Reader's rate:

Observations from anarchist in Ireland on the UK EU membership referendum. The referendum will take place in north east Ireland which is under British rule.

+ continue reading
Monday, June 27, 2016
Posted by Anonymous
Reader's rate:

What harm could possibly come of using the discourse of democracy to describe the object of our movements for liberation? We can answer this question with a fable drawn from history: the story of the uprising that took place in Paris in... + continue reading

Saturday, June 25, 2016
Posted by Anonymous
Reader's rate:

We are currently accepting work related to the concept of “play,” and encourage writers to conceive of the theme as broadly as possible.  For some, “play” may conjure notions of mischief or the anarchic spirit.  For others, it may provoke questions around creative street tactics and... + continue reading

Sunday, June 5, 2016
Posted by Antti Rautiainen
Reader's rate:

31 may 2016 Taganrog City Court Judge Georgy Serebryanikov sentenced 31-year-old local resident Elizaveta Tsvetkova to a year of corrective labor for disseminating leaflets criticizing the police, 

+ continue reading
Friday, June 3, 2016
Posted by Chuck0
Reader's rate:

Noam Chomsky: It’s bad enough here but the place where it’s even more destructive is in the Third World because here, if intellectuals just waste their time, okay, it matters, but it might not matter that much. But in Third World countries they need intellectual contributions more... + continue reading

Home Page

Featured Articles

Saturday, Jun 25, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

'No Borders, Social Struggles across the world' (Sin Fronteras, La lucha social a través del mundo) is the name of a web series presenting experiences of social organizations and anti-capitalist resistance in different regions of the world. Its special focus lies on anti-authoritarian practices within social movements.

+ continue reading
Sunday, Jun 05, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

31 may 2016 Taganrog City Court Judge Georgy Serebryanikov sentenced 31-year-old local resident Elizaveta Tsvetkova to a year of corrective labor for disseminating leaflets criticizing the police, 

+ continue reading
Friday, Jun 03, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

I should state that I’m adamantly against prison reforms for multiple reasons. I don’t want to find myself more comfortable within my confines lest I lose sight of the bigger picture and start feeling as through this place isn’t so bad. I don’t want to fall victim to that illusion for fear of not taking it so seriously. I’ve spent most of my... + continue reading

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

A new 'zine that assembles interviews with and essays by prisoners on the recent wave of anti-police revolt and #BlackLivesMatter protests is now available. "To Struggle Means We're Alive": Prisoners Speak Out on Ferguson, Baltimore, and the Ongoing Revolt Against the Police brings together a variety of perspectives and voices, mostly from "... + continue reading

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

Emma Goldman (1869–1940), the Lithuanian Jewish anarchist, was widely known in America as Red Emma for her defense of free speech, labor protests, women’s rights and birth control. Although she was deported from the United States in 1919, starting in the 1970s increasing numbers of historians and readers have been drawn to Goldman’s personality... + continue reading

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

Across the political spectrum, individuals and organisations have been expressing their disgust and shock that a faction – indeed a single family, the Guptas – have ‘captured’ the state. Consequently, there have been calls for state ‘capture’ to be ended though firing Zuma.

+ continue reading
Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

As the Affordable Care Act (ACA, otherwise known as Obamacare) continues along a very bumpy road, it is worth asking where it came from and what comes next. Officially, Obamacare represents the latest in more than a century of efforts in the United States to achieve universal access to health care. In reality, Obamacare has strengthened the for... + continue reading

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

In Unruly Equality: US Anarchism in the 20th Century, Andrew Cornell traces a prehistory of the contemporary anarchist movement in the USA, showing anarchism to be a complex and evolving ideology that cannot be reduced to the pursuit of individual freedom.

+ continue reading

Eco-Wire

reads
4 today
Thursday, Apr 07, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

The driverless revolution may seem convenient, but public transportation means we can already skip driving. Not only is it better for the planet – it also keeps us out of traffic jams

+ continue reading

Labor

reads
3 today
Friday, Jan 15, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

In July, Emeryville, California, passed the highest city-wide minimum wage in the country. Here’s how workers’ lives changed—and didn’t.

+ continue reading

Prisons

reads
5 today
Friday, Jun 03, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

I should state that I’m adamantly against prison reforms for multiple reasons. I don’t want to find myself more comfortable within my confines lest I lose sight of the bigger picture and start... + continue reading

Climate Change

reads
10 today
Monday, Jun 27, 2016 - 0 comment(s)

In recent months, the world’s gaze has landed again and again on a hellish Australian terrain of climate-related disaster. Bushfires ravage some of the planet’s oldest trees in Tasmania.... + continue reading