May 2016, 20th-22nd
Deadline to submit a movie : March 1st 2016
The Anarchist Film Festival is back for its second year! In May 2016, the Insurgent Projections collective will organize for the second time the festival aiming to promote radical independent media and spaces where discussions and subversive ideas can flourish. This year the AFF will take place during the third weekend of May featuring several thematic projection nights. Send us your films starting now!
This year, we would like to encourage people from radical communities, folks from indigenous communities, POCs, women/queer/trans*, to produce movies about topics of interest to them for the AFF. No need to be industry approved to create radical cinema! (If you decide to create a film for the AFF and you face technical challenges, please feel free to write us for support)
Conditions for submission
– Films can be either in French, English or Spanish or subtitled in one of those languages.
– Please fill the submission form
– We will prioritize copyleft films
– The movies submitted do not need to have been realized or produced by people submitting them!
What’s an anarchist film? What kind of movie can I submit?
You decide! We will accept fiction and non-fiction, shorts or full length, amateur or professional films that contribute to the emergence of subversive and emancipatory ideas whether in content or in format. We will not accept any film promoting sexist, racist, capacitist, homophobic/transphobic ideas, or glorifying imperalism, colonialism and capitalism.
Possible themes (Include, but not limited to!) :
– Anti-Racism and anti-Facism
– Territorial Struggles, anti-Colonialism/Imperialism
– Anti-Civ and Environmentalism
– Queer/Trans and Sexualities Movements
– Social Movements andTactics
– Radical Communities, Anarchisms and anti-Authoritarism
– Solidarities and International Struggles
To submit a film :
– A numerized or paper copy of the submission form
– A link to watch of download the film, including password if needed, in the best quality available
– AND/OR two copies in DVD format sent to the address on the submission form. Be sure that the DVD is clearly identified with the name of the director and the name of the film.
CONTACT : To send hard copy of the film or paper copy, mail it to the QPIRG and write ” FOR INSURGENT PROJECTIONS” on the envelope – QPIRG-Concordia
c/o Université Concordia
1455 de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal, Québec H3G 1M8
FORM in PDF
Formed in so-called Montreal during the spring of 2014 by Medi@s Libres, subMedia.tv and Ni Québec, Ni Canada, the folks who inhabit Projections Insurgées continue to recognize the vital importance of radical independent media and still work to build places where beautiful and dangerous ideas can live. If you have any wisdom, suggestions, or questions for the collective, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out what we’re up to on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/insurgentprojections
Please e-mail us if you want to be part of the organization of the 2016 AFF!